Thursday 9 April 2009

Postcard 3: In Ireland the driver can hear you SCREAM!!

Dear Diana,

You know how I always told you I would like to go to Ireland some day? Well, I’ve been to Ireland!! It was really beautiful here with a very diverse landscape. I was there with our mutual friend Rachid. We had hired a car and had been driving around for some time, but driving these roads proved very challenging, especially for Rachid. Since I did’t have a drivers license Rachid had been driving the car on the small, winding and busy roads. With two hedges on either side of the road and cars coming from the opposite direction it was hard passing them at all, but imagine them coming at you with twice the speed you are driving. It scared the hell out of me, seeing those cars coming at us while everything about driving on the left side felt wrong to me.


I think that Rachid must have been deaf at the end of our holiday...

No comments:

Post a Comment