Thursday 9 April 2009

Postcard 9: Incredible India

Dear Anke,

When I went to India, I thought I had seen it all. I’ve been all over Europe, so what could surprise me? Well, was I in for a culture shock! India is nothing like I have ever seen before. The bugs are ánd get everywhere, the searing heat is overwhelming and the always present music is beautiful for the first hour, it gets boring the second and then you get extremely annoyed by it. Since eating with your left hand is bad luck in India, I had to learn to eat with my right hand, which was difficult and hard to remember every time I got a snack. And than there are the beggars. Those people are everywhere! At first you pity them, but when you do, they think you want to give them the world and more and other beggars will see this and come running. In the end you feel rundown and angry at them, yet still you feel sorry for them. Incredible India indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment